We all know that treating acne takes a great deal of care and effort (and oodles of patience!), but it’s those stubborn scars that take even more time to fade away. Fret not! We’ve handpicked six home remedies that’ll help you get rid of acne scars at home! Here you go…
1. Aloe Vera Aloe vera, the undisputed king of natural skincare, has anti-bacterial and astringent properties that help in treating acne scars naturally. The antioxidants found in the plant repairs damaged skin while Vitamin C, Vitamin E and zinc found in it’s gel helps in lightening and clearing the scars. All you need is the gel extracted from an aloe vera leaf and some lemon juice.
Directions: 1. Mix the aloe vera gel with a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. 2. Apply the mixture evenly on the affected area and let it sit for about 10 minutes. 3. Rinse off with lukewarm water and moisturize your skin properly. Do this treatment twice a week.
2. Almond Milk & Egg White Egg white contains astringent properties that help in oil-control while it’s healing properties help in reducing acne scars. Almond milk, on the other hand, provides nourishment to your skin by gently moisturising it. Just take 2 teaspoons of 100% natural almond milk, egg white from an egg and a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
Directions: 1. Mix all the ingredients well and apply it properly all over your face, leaving the area around your eyes. 2. Wash it off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes. For best results, use this face mask twice a week.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey Apple cider vinegar contains alpha hydroxyl acids which help in removing dead skin cells and unclogging skin pores. It also treats acne scars by lightening them and restores the pH balance of your skin. Take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it with 2 teaspoon green tea, 5 tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon honey.
Directions: 1. Take the vinegar and green tea in a bowl and mix it well. Now add sugar to the bowl and mix it well. 2. Put honey in the end and stir the mix until it forms a thick paste. 3. Apply this face mask and leave it on for about 15 minutes. 4. Rinse properly with lukewarm water. Use this face mask recipe once or twice a week.
4. Orange Peel Orange peel controls sebum secretion and boosts collagen production and helps in repairing damaged skin. Retinol present in the orange peel acts as a natural exfoliant and renews skin cells which consequently helps in treating acne scars. All you need is 1 tablespoon of dried orange peel powder and 1 teaspoon milk.
Directions: 1. Mix the ingredients to form a thick paste. 2. Apply the face pack and let it sit for 10 minutes. 3. Rinse it off with cool water. Follow this treatment twice a week for visible results.
5. Cinnamon & Honey Cinnamon has anti-bacterial properties and helps in regeneration of skin cells. While honey repairs damaged skin and provides moisture. Take 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix it with 2 teaspoon honey. Directions: 1. Apply this face mask on wet skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. 2. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. For best results, use this remedy twice a week,